Easy, On-demand Access To All Pacific Capabilities In One Place Maximizes Developer Productivity And Eliminates Complexity For Faster Implementation And Easier Workflows, Business Logic And Data Integration. (Photo: Business Wire)
Progress (NASDAQ:PRGS) today announced new features in the Progress® Pacific™ platform-as-a-service (PaaS) that allow more time and energy to be spent solving business problems with data-driven applications and less time worrying about technology and writing code. These powerful, scalable applications, which can be developed quickly and deployed anywhere, can easily integrate with real-time data from multiple sources for faster business reaction, analysis and problem solving.
Easy, on-demand access to all Pacific capabilities in one place maximizes developer productivity and eliminates complexity for faster implementation and easier workflows, business logic and data integration. (Photo: Business Wire)
The new capabilities seamlessly and intuitively bring together intelligent workflows, business logic, deployment options and data sources. Combined, these enable powerful cloud, mobile, on-premise and hybrid apps to be built with minimal coding while isolating the complexity of middleware, APIs and drivers.
The new fully integrated Pacific features and functionality unveiled at the Progress Exchange 2013 user conference in Boston provide:
- Fast data integration regardless of source. Apps with built-in real-time access to disparate SaaS, relational database, Big Data, social, CRM and ERP systems can be easily developed with just one connection using the Pacific rapid application development technology and the Pacific data connectivity service.
- Flexible deployment options for secure, scalable, multi-tenant applications. The needs of a dynamic business environment can be met in cloud, on-premise, mobile or hybrid infrastructures through the Pacific secure, scalable, high-performance database; business rules and decision logic technology ; and business process management capabilities.
- A simplified, intuitive and worry-free experience. Easy, on-demand access to all Pacific capabilities in one place maximizes developer productivity and eliminates complexity for faster implementation and easier workflows, business logic and data integration.
- More flexibility with less complexity for existing apps. On-premise and mobile apps built with powerful, high productivity Progress development technology can take advantage of simple, fast connections to cloud data using the Pacific data connectivity service to make critical data accessible while preserving business logic and investments.
- New ways to tackle data analytics and reporting challenges. Innovative, new technology that enables self-service integration, blending and reporting of data from multiple applications was previewed for developers and will be available as an on-demand cloud service in the Pacific platform later in 2013.
Executive Quote:Phil Pead, president and CEO at Progress, said, “To be successful in today’s rapidly changing business environment, developers and businesses need to be able to build and deliver solutions faster than ever before. Taking years to design, write and test code, is no longer tenable. Progress Pacific provides an intuitive, easy to use platform where the complexities of application development and data access are removed, enabling developers and businesses to simply focus on solving their market and business problems.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV