Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.® (NYSE:HOT) today announced that its sizzling Aloft brand is set to arrive in Raleigh, North Carolina. Aloft Raleigh is slated to open in mid-2015 on Hillsborough Street, across the street from North Carolina State University’s iconic bell tower. Owned by a joint venture between the Bernstein Companies and Bell View Partners, Aloft Raleigh will feature 135 spacious, loft-like rooms, tech-forward innovation and a buzzing social atmosphere. It will be the brand’s fifth hotel in North Carolina.
“We are delighted to debut Aloft in Raleigh and expect the hotel will emerge as a hotspot among savvy travelers, area professionals and students in this dynamic university town,” said Brian McGuinness, Senior Vice President, Specialty Select Brands for Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. “Just five years since it launched, Aloft recently opened its 75 th hotel and is coming online in new markets all the time.”
The design of Aloft Raleigh will pay tribute to NC State’s heritage and its future. One side of the hotel will feature a brick façade inspired by the NC State campus, while the other side will make use of glass and steel to create a more modern look. A 55 foot sculpture created by renowned Raleigh artist Thomas Sayre will join the two sides together.
“The art is a visible representation of how the sound of a bell is created,” said Sayre. “It is extraordinary how much importance the development team has placed on merging public art and building design together in order to create a memorable threshold to the campus.”“We have the utmost respect for the history of NC State University and the Bell Tower and have worked hard to design a project that will fit in with its surroundings,” said Mark Andrews of Bell View. “This is the type of project that will make a positive and lasting impact on the community, and we are looking forward to this vision coming to fruition.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV