SALEM, N.H., Oct. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Enterasys Networks, a Siemens Enterprise Communications Company, and PCM, Inc. (NASDAQ: PCMI), a leading technology solutions provider, today announced a joint cloud-based wireless offering called PCM ® Cloud Wireless Service. The cloud based Wi-Fi solution is designed with Enterasys' high performance IdentiFi Wi-Fi access points (APs) and OneFabric management system.
With this joint offering, Enterasys and PCM raise the bar in the cloud-managed segment of the Wireless LAN (WLAN) market. For a low monthly cost, PCM Cloud Wireless Service includes AP hardware, software capabilities, implementation and day-to-day management. The companies believe that the offering provides customers with financial flexibility, allowing customers to meet budget needs, with optional hardware refreshes at contract renewal alleviating unplanned capital outlay in the future.
The PCM Cloud Wireless Service is designed to provide a superior Wi-Fi experience allowing customers to focus on their core business and operations. Embedded in the service are cloud and security capabilities specifically designed for distributed site deployments. These integrated features can help customers be more confident that their data is secure, and that their mission critical Wi-Fi is always on.
The two companies are also exploring a model that would allow other Enterasys channel partners to re-sell the Cloud Wireless Service from PCM, further expanding the solution's potential footprint throughout North America.Key Benefits of the Combined Offering
- Cost savings: No hardware or customer incurred self-management costs
- Simplified deployment: Implementation and configuration are included
- Ease of management: All aspects of daily management such as changes, break/fix and reporting are included
- Expert service: Networks are installed and managed by experts who are trained to determine customers' business requirements to provide personalized solutions
- Customization: Enables customers to scale and adapt to best meet evolving business needs
- Unparalleled security: The Cloud Wireless Service does not access customer traffic and all management traffic is secured with encryption
- High network availability: If at any point the Internet connection is lost, the wireless network can continue operation without interruption
- Financial Flexibility: Full OPEX or hybrid models are available
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts