Outside of the iPhone, the next event that Wall Street is going to pay attention to is the pending iPad refresh, reportedly set for later this month. Both White and Misek are positive on the pending refresh, with White noting that the iPad 5 "has the potential to be a significant iPad upgrade cycle."
Speculation surrounding the tablet is that it will borrow some elements of the popular iPad mini, be lighter, and feature a thinner bezel. In addition to the 9.7-inch iPad getting a refresh, the iPad mini may also see an update. Pictures floating around the Internet show a gold iPad mini, borrowing the same color scheme as the iPhone 5s. In addition, the iPad mini is likely to get Retina Display technology to improve screen visibility, though nothing is confirmed.
Apple shares were rising 1.6% to $490.91 in early trading Monday.
--Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York>Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV