LONGMONT, Colo., Oct. 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Dot Hill Systems Corp. (Nasdaq:HILL), a leading provider of SAN storage solutions, today unveiled its next-generation RAID storage architecture. Dot Hill's ninth-generation storage controller platform will be introduced across its entire entry level and midrange portfolio, with product-specific announcements to come in the months ahead.
"Dot Hill is committed to meeting our customers' needs through continuous innovation and technology leadership in our target markets," said Andy Davis, senior vice president of engineering, Dot Hill. "The new high-bandwidth products based on this platform are designed to extend our offerings for entry and midrange data centers, cloud service providers, and targeted vertical markets including media & entertainment, oil & gas, telecommunications, Big Data analytics and digital image archiving. We believe these first-to-market solutions further Dot Hill's position as a key provider of high performance storage that delivers better utilization and better performance without extensive IT resources or training."
The technology includes numerous new features and first-to-market innovations:
- Converged Network Interface
- Leading edge 16Gb Fibre Channel, 10Gb iSCSI, and 12Gb SAS connectivity
- ASIC based RAID Companion Processor
- Forward and backward meta data compatibility
- Full Disk Encryption (FDE) support
- Flash SSD drive support
- Full complement of Data Management Software
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts