SAO PAULO , Oct. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Visteon Corporation (NYSE: VC) – through its family of businesses including Halla Visteon Climate Control (HVCC) – will display automotive climate, electronics and interiors innovations Oct 7-9 at the 22nd SAE Brazil Congress. Visteon's exhibit will be in areas 103, 105 and 107, at E5 Street, in the Expo Center Norte Pavilion in Sao Paulo.
Visteon Electronics and Visteon Interiors, units of Visteon Corporation, and HVCC, a majority-owned subsidiary of Visteon, will showcase a range of technological solutions:
ElectronicsVisteon's flexible electronics solutions are focused on integrating consumer and electronics devices into the vehicle. These solutions address consumer perceptions of the ideal in-vehicle experience. Vehicle cockpit electronics solutions that Visteon Electronics is displaying include:
- Driver information: Technologies range from entry-level reconfigurable instrument clusters to the recently launched Lincoln MKZ cluster, incorporating a 10.1-inch thin-film-transistor (TFT) display and mechanical gauge rings, setting a new benchmark in vehicle display quality and clarity. The "connected cluster," developed specifically for the 2-wheeler market, facilitates the connectivity of consumers' electronic devices, providing several key infotainment-related connectivity features and enhanced driver information to the user. Also on display is the 2013 Ford Mustang instrument cluster, combining a 4.2" color TFT display with two MyColor gauges that provide a choice of 125 colors.
- Infotainment systems: Visteon Electronics demonstrate its smart screen concept – a human machine interaction (HMI) solution for infotainment systems that provides a similar look and feel to that of a user's connected smartphone. The Ideal Occupant Interface concept presents several key features that function easily and offer superior craftsmanship in a rich user-experience environment.
- Battery Thermal Management: HVCC has more than 10 years of experience in manufacturing battery thermal management systems and, utilizing vehicle and system expertise, has developed a family of modular and scalable components that can deliver precise temperature control to improve battery performance and provide long life.
- Electric Compressor: For eco-friendly vehicle applications ranging from mild hybrids to full electric vehicles, HVCC's innovative electric compressor offers a compact design that fits within the traditional belt-driven compressor package space to minimize vehicle complexity in platforms that offer hybrid-electric model variants. Its efficient scroll compressor – controlled by an on-board electric motor and integrated power electronics – operates independently, enabling the cabin to be cooled even when the engine is off.
- Metal Seal Fitting: HVCC's patented and award-winning metal seal fitting includes a nested seal and unique block design that prevents refrigerant from escaping into the environment and helps automakers reduce greenhouse gas emissions. This industry-first fitting replaces conventional elastomer O-ring seals with a patented "zero leak" metal seal, and is designed to prevent misalignment, damage and contamination during assembly.
- Advanced Capabilities and Expertise: With global scientists, subject matter experts, and exceptional design and test capabilities, HVCC is a recognized leader in creating innovative automotive thermal mobility solutions.
- Insert Molded Decorative Parts: the decorative products uses thin film made by vacuum-formed process which is injected with the product substrate. This technology offers product differentiation, by accommodating different colors and multiple finish standards and could replace the painting process. It's a combination of DNP technology, a Visteon Interiors partner, with the Visteon manufacturing capability.
- VIEPP – Visteon Expanded Polypropylene Injection: This manufacturing process helps create lower-weight instrument panel and door panel components, using a specific injection process with a chemical blowing agent. It is a cost-effective option for certain injected interior components.
- Textile Glue process: This manufacturing process provides the textile adhesion into the plastic parts using an unique equipment developed by Visteon which applies holt melt adhesive into textile under temperature and pressure controlled, offering superior finish and improving the environmental control.
- Halla Visteon Climate Control, majority-owned by Visteon and the world's second-largest global supplier of automotive climate components and systems.
- Visteon Electronics, a leading supplier of audio and infotainment, driver information, center stack electronics and feature control modules.
- Visteon Interiors, a global provider of vehicle cockpit modules, instrument panels, consoles and door trim modules.
- Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd., a successful non-consolidated China-based partnership between Visteon and Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation's automotive components group, Huayu Automotive Systems.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV