With the holiday shopping season fast approaching, retailers around the world are adopting MasterPass™, the digital platform from MasterCard, to give shoppers a seamless, secure and speedy check out – regardless of where they may be and what device they may be using. Beyond the Rack, Currys, lastminute.com, Newegg and PC World now join more than 20,000 leading retailers in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Australia that are live on MasterPass.
Beyond the Rack, Currys, lastminute.com, Newegg and PC World Join Growing List of More than 20,000 Merchants; Expansion to Seven New Countries Planned in Q4 2013 (Photo: Business Wire)
“We welcome Beyond the Rack, Currys, lastminute.com, Newegg, PC World and the ever-growing list of merchants that identify the MasterPass platform as a way to make the consumer shopping experience more convenient, simpler and faster,” said Vibhav Prasad, Group Head, MasterPass, at MasterCard. “MasterPass creates the cornerstone of all sorts of new shopping experiences across every channel, while delivering the security and benefits consumers enjoy today from a genuine MasterCard transaction.”
MasterPass eliminates the need for consumers to enter detailed shipping and card information to complete their online shopping at MasterPass merchant sites. Consumers can securely store MasterCard and other branded credit, debit and prepaid card information, address books and more. This simplifies the process of completing a transaction from any connected device, particularly those with smaller screens.
Current merchant partners who deployed, or are committed to deploy, within the four live markets include:
- U.S. – Newegg, Rakuten.com and Web.com. A broader list of U.S. merchants can be found at: http://www.shopnow.masterpass.com/en-us/.
- Canada – Grocery Gateway, Porter Airlines, Beyond the Rack, Newegg, eLuxe, TeamBuy, WagJag, DealFind, TasteAway, Buytopia, NCIX Computer and Web.Com.
- U.K. – Currys, PC World, See Tickets, LastMinute.com, Lillywhites, lookfantastic.com, Lookmantastic.com, Hqhair.com, BeautyExpert.co.uk, Mankind.co.uk, Allsole.com, Mybag.com, Myprotein.com, Myvitamins.com, Probikekit.com, Exantediet.com, Zavvi.com, Iwantoneofthose.com, Boots UK, House of Fraser, The Hut Group, Prezzy Box, Sports Direct and Argos.
- Australia – The Iconic, JB Hi-Fi, Oxford, Event Cinemas, Thredbo, Moonlight Cinemas, mypreorder.com, Brandsexclusive, Buyinvite, Ozsale, LivingSocial, Yknot, Sydney Opera House, City Beach, Chemist Warehouse, Ted’s Cameras, Booktopia, Zuji, Webjet and Harvey Norman.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts