BERLIN, Oct. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Platts, a leading energy, petrochemical and metals information provider, today announced it is bringing interactive and direct access to Polymerscan , its market data and commentary resource serving the plastics and resins industry.
"With the migration of Platts Polymerscan to our online, interactive platform Market Center, our customers can make more immediate, more effective use of data in real time," said Platts Petrochemicals Vice President Leon Yeo. "We're pleased to respond to our customers' requests for more control over how and when they receive information."
Introduced earlier this year, Platts Market Center provides a number of customizable tools which allow users to better assess and analyze price data and spot developing trends.
Platts also announced it will soon bring Platts Polymerscan to mobile phones and other smart devices."In coming weeks, you'll be able to download the Polymerscan mobile app through Apple and Android by searching 'platts petchems'," said Platts Petrochemicals Global Product Director Matthew Coombs. "We're committed to ever bettering the customer experience with our data, products and services." Through the online Platts Market Center platform, Polymerscan customers will gain access to industry news, sophisticated charting tools, exclusive analysis previously unavailable, and other features including the ability to set up personalized alerts. Combined, the coverage breadth and special features are designed to help customers track and analyze price movement, create custom price trend graphics, correlate data for reference purposes, evaluate margins and make better financial and trading decisions. The commodity focus of Platts Polymerscan is low-density polyethylene (LDPE), high-density polyethylene (HDPE), linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE), polypropylene (PP), polystyrene (PS), PVC and acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS). Key coverage includes:
- Weekly view of daily global polymer contract and spot price assessments
- Polymer raw materials prices for olefins, aromatics & intermediates
- Benchmark prices from global trading hubs
- Graphics depicting current and historic market trends
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV