ANA Awards $50,000 Prize For Marketing Analytics Leadership
PHOENIX, Oct. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The ANA (Association of National Advertisers), in partnership with leading marketing analytics firm MarketShare, presented the Marketing Analytics Leadership Award to USAA at the 2013 ANA Masters of Marketing Conference today in Phoenix, Arizona. The first-of-its-kind award was created to highlight today's important and rapid adoption of sophisticated analytics in the planning and measuring of global marketing investments.
ANA President and CEO Bob Liodice presented a $50,000 prize to USAA for outstanding leadership in applying analytics to successful marketing programs. They were selected for the following reasons:
- USAA's Applied Analytics team surged from selling nine percent of its products from marketing investments in 2008 to 29 percent in 2012.
- USAA spends a fraction of revenue on advertising compared with their industry competition.
- P&C Insurance firms spend on average two and a half percent of their revenue on advertising, however through strong analytics execution, USAA is able to drop that number to only 0.85% of their revenue for virtually the same exposure.
- The USAA team includes Roger Adams, Chief Marketing Officer; Robert Wellborn, Executive Director; John Hershberger, Vice President of Applied Analytics; William Griffith, Senior Modeling Analyst; and Daniel Mihalko, Lead Modeling Analyst.
"Applying analytical rigor to marketing decision-making is one of the core pillars of our profession," said Bob Liodice, President and CEO of ANA. "We are pleased to present this award, and acknowledge the best and brightest working hard to employ advanced measuring techniques."
"We are very excited to announce USAA as winner of the first annual Marketing Analytics Leadership Award," said Pat LaPointe, EVP at MarketShare. "We are impressed by the strategic use of analytics throughout the marketing organization and the methods used to showcase the significant impact to the bottom line. Congratulations to each of the finalists on an excellent competition."
ANA members voted for the Marketing Analytics Leadership Award winner at the ANA Masters of Marketing Conference, after a distinguished panel of industry judges selected the award finalists in early September.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts