UCLA Anderson Reunites Two Of The World's Most Influential Money Managers
LOS ANGELES, Oct. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The world's largest bond mutual fund manager and the world's largest asset manager – PIMCO's Bill Gross, founder and co-chief investment officer, and Larry Fink, chairman and chief executive of BlackRock Inc. – were reunited for an evening of discussion on national, international and governmental issues at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, CA, on Thursday, Oct. 3, 2013. In addition to sharing their perspectives on global economic and financial markets, the two UCLA Anderson School of Management alumni focused their conversation on an emerging concern: a new workforce that may be ill prepared to respond to the needs of advancing technology and the demands of future economies.
The exclusive hour-long event, sponsored by UCLA Anderson, was moderated by CNBC's Brian Sullivan and streamed online by the network on Oct. 3, 2013. Video highlights of the event are available on UCLA Anderson's event page at: http://www.anderson.ucla.edu/finkgross.
The conversation covered a wide range of topics, including the pair's bullish enthusiasm for investment in Mexico and the nation's education crisis. Fink discussed the "death of long-termism," a phenomena that sees corporate CEOs focused predominantly on short-term gains rather than long-term growth. Gross concurred, also commenting on the impact of low interest rates.
"We live in a world with artificially depressed interest rates that lead to artificially depressed returns [on investment]," Gross said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV