Activision Publishing, Inc., a subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), today announced that it has filed a patent infringement lawsuit against Worlds Inc. and Worlds Online Inc., in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
In the suit, Activision claims that Worlds has infringed, and continues to infringe, U.S. Patent No. 6,014,145 entitled “Navigation with optimum viewpoints in three-dimensional workspace interactive displays having three-dimensional objects with collision barriers” and U.S. Patent No. 5,883,628 entitled “Climability: property for objects in 3-D virtual environments.” The contested product is software distributed by Worlds called "Worlds Player."
Worlds Inc. filed a patent infringement lawsuit against Activision Blizzard, Inc., Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and Activision Publishing, Inc. on March 30, 2012. That lawsuit is pending in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, Brazil, Mexico, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Denmark, the Netherlands, Australia, Singapore, South Korea, mainland China, Hong Kong and the region of Taiwan. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company’s website, www.activision.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV