Oct. 4, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- RadioShack invites neighbors to join in celebrating the opening of its two newest stores, which will feature instant savings during their respective opening weekends:
Both stores have been remodeled in RadioShack's exciting new concept store format, which incorporates the popular speaker wall and other interactive areas designed to help shoppers improve their technology profile. Features include:
- Newly configured displays highlighting in-demand brands like Apple, HTC and Samsung, as well as mobile carriers such as AT&T, Sprint and Verizon;
- Store fixtures that enable shoppers to find and compare products, such as leading brands in sound like SOL REPUBLIC and Beats by Dr. Dre, a Speaker Wall allowing customers to demo speakers by playing music from their own Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices, and a display demonstrating the capabilities of several models of GoPro cameras;
- Technology that makes shopping interesting and playful, like touchscreens and apps that help shoppers understand the benefits of products;
- Helpful, informative RadioShack staff, who can answer shoppers' questions about hundreds of products and services, and point customers to the items that meet their specific needs.
RadioShack is opening a select number of these high-touch stores in high-traffic, high-profile locations.
area boasts more of this new store format than any other metropolitan area. With the addition of these two new locations, RadioShack has three new locations in
– where the first concept store debuted in July at 2268 Broadway. It has also opened locations in nearby
Jersey City, N.J.
, and in
. The company's Manhattan Mall location was also remodeled this summer as one of its new, scalable "brand statement" stores, which feature many updates inspired by the spirit of the concept stores. The company plans to open or remodel a number of additional
-area locations by the end of the year.
ABOUT RADIOSHACK CORPORATION
RadioShack (NYSE: RSH) is a leading national retailer of innovative mobile technology products and services, as well as products related to personal and home technology and power supply needs. RadioShack
offers consumers a targeted assortment of wireless phones and other electronic products and services from leading national brands, exclusive private brands and major wireless carriers, all within a comfortable and convenient shopping environment. RadioShack employs approximately 30,000 knowledgeable and helpful sales experts globally. RadioShack's retail network includes more than 4,300 company-operated stores in
the United States
, 270 company-operated stores in
, and approximately 1,000 dealer and other outlets worldwide. For more information on RadioShack Corporation, please visit
; to purchase items online, please visit
is a registered trademark licensed by RadioShack Corporation.
News Media Contact: Media Relations, +1-817-415-2381,
SOURCE RadioShack Corporation