Experian Marketing Services Data Shows That IPhone 5s Received 4 Times As Many Online Searches Than IPhone 5c
NEW YORK, Oct. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The energy and excitement of the Apple launch events never fail to create a buzz amongst consumers, technologists and marketers alike and the most recent launch on September 10 th was no exception. Experian Marketing Services, a global provider of integrated consumer insights, targeting, data quality and cross-channel marketing, analyzed the consumer search behavior post launch to see how consumers have reacted. The full analysis is available at http://ex.pn/1f6iJDa.
Looking at online consumer behavior using Hitwise data, interest and speculation over the latest Apple product release started slowly in March as rumors of the next iPhone and iOS started. There was a further lift in search activity in June around the time of the iOS7 beta release as Apple developers and enthusiasts scrambled to gain access to the test platform. By August, search activity was really gaining momentum with the largest peak (an increase of 212% from the previous week) during the week ending September 14, 2013, coinciding with the launch event on September 10 th.
Despite the long anticipation and demand for a cheaper iPhone, the $99 iPhone 5c failed to generate the level of search activity seen for the iPhone 5s. During the week ending September 14 th, searches for iPhone 5s were 4 times more prevalent than searches for iPhone 5c.
Searches for the currently theoretical iPhone 6 were also popular. In some cases people were looking to understand whether this release was for the iPhone 6 whereas others were looking for advice on whether to buy the 5c or 5s or hold out for the '6'. Searches for 'iPhone fingerprint', which is arguably the most innovative difference between the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s, were the most common feature-related search.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV