EU Welcomes Global Aviation Emissions Deal
WASHINGTON, Oct. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The European Commission today welcomed the decision by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) to develop a global market-based mechanism to tackle airline emissions. This will be accompanied by a series of technical and operational measures to reduce emissions.
European Commission Vice President Siim Kallas said: "I am very pleased that after long and hard negotiations we finally have a global deal on aviation emissions. This is good news for the traveling public, good news for the aviation industry, but most importantly it is very good news for the planet."
EU Climate Action Commissioner Connie Hedegaard said: ''The EU's hard work has paid off. After so many years of talks, ICAO has finally agreed to the first-ever global deal to curb aviation emissions. If it hadn't been for the EU's hard work and determination, we wouldn't have got this decision today to create a global market-based measure. What matters to us is that the aviation sector also contributes to our efforts to reduce emissions."
With this deal, the aviation industry becomes the first international transport sector to apply a global market-based mechanism to reduce their emissions.More information: http://www.euintheus.org/press-media/the-commission-welcomes-agreement-on-global-aviation-emissions-deal/ Press release: http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-13-918_en.htm ICAO: Aviation Assembly conclusions: http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-13-917_en.htm SOURCE Delegation of the European Union to the United States
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV