Trade-Ideas: Outerwall (OUTR) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- OUTR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $64.0 million.
- OUTR is up 2.4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OUTR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OUTR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OUTR: Outerwall Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides automated retail solutions primarily in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Ireland, and the United Kingdom. OUTR has a PE ratio of 11.1. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Outerwall a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Outerwall has been 861,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Outerwall has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.91 and a short float of 38.8% with 8.87 days to cover. Shares are down 7.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Outerwall as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, attractive valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 11.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- OUTERWALL INC has improved earnings per share by 47.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, OUTERWALL INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.65 versus $3.62 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.83 versus $4.65).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Diversified Consumer Services industry average. The net income increased by 27.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $36.88 million to $46.86 million.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Outerwall Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts