One network equipment player that's quickly moving within range of triggering a major breakout trade is Aruba Networks (ARUN), which provides enterprise mobility solutions. This stock is off to a weak start in 2013, with shares off by 11%.
If you take a look at the chart for Aruba Networks, you'll notice that this stock just formed a major bottom chart pattern, after buyers stepped in to support the price over the last month and change from $17 to $16.25 a share. Following that bottom, shares of ARUN have now started to rebound higher and move back above its 50-day moving average of $17.73 a share. That move is quickly pushing shares of ARUN within range of triggering a major breakout trade.Traders should now look for long-biased trades in ARUN if it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $19.16 a share to its 200-day moving average at $19.63 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 2.12 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then ARUN will set up to re-fill some of its previous gap down zone from May that started near $22 a share. Any high-volume move above $22 will then give ARUN a chance to hit $24 to $25 a share. Traders can look to buy ARUN off any weakness to anticipate that breakout and simply use a stop that sits right below support at $17 a share or below $16.25 a share if you want to give it more room. One can also buy ARUN off strength once it takes out those breakout levels with volume and then simply use a stop that sits a comfortable percentage from your entry point.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV