CHICAGO, Oct. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines and Ink Publishing today announced the launch of "Rhapsody," a monthly, luxury lifestyle and literary magazine exclusively for United's premium-cabin customers and visitors to the airline's United Clubs and United Global First lounges. Launching in November, Rhapsody will offer an authoritative look at the latest personalities and trends that define affluent living and thought in the 21st century.
Each issue will feature thought-provoking content from highly regarded journalists, with stunning images from renowned photographers. November's launch issue includes:
- An in-depth profile of legendary actor Kevin Kline by Vanity Fair contributing editor Elissa Schappell and shot by world-renowned photographer Brigitte Lacombe.
- Emmy-nominated screenwriter Jonathan Raymond (HBO's " Mildred Pierce") providing a behind-the-scenes account of the Venice Film Festival premiere of his new film "Night Moves," which stars Jesse Eisenberg and Dakota Fanning.
- The legendary Joyce Carol Oates in a back-page essay discussing her first flight.
- An exclusive excerpt from Bloomberg Businessweek senior writer Brad Stone's highly anticipated new book "The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon."
- Interviews with and profiles of international tastemakers Daniel Boulud, John Varvatos, Andy Spade and Paul Smith.
Interspersed throughout the magazine's first-rate stories and photography are timely news and notes about the latest in high culture, luxury goods, fine dining and premium hospitality.
"Our customers will find interesting stories and vivid imagery that engage their interests and inspire their passions for travel, technology, culture and finer living," said Praveen Sharma, United vice president of loyalty and business development. "The unique content – from some of the world's most-respected writers, editors and photographers – is another element of our building the world's leading premium-cabin and lounge experience."Launching Rhapsody is United's latest investment in premium-cabin service and airport facilities, also including:
- Installation of flat-bed seats in United Global First and United BusinessFirst on every scheduled, long-haul international flight from the continental United States, with more aircraft offering flat-bed comfort and personal on-demand entertainment than any U.S. airline.
- Refitting the aircraft that fly on transcontinental "p.s." routes between New York Kennedy and Los Angeles and San Francisco with the latest cabins, premium-cabin flat-bed seats, and personal on-demand entertainment and Wi-Fi throughout the aircraft. United anticipates completing the reconfigurations by year-end.
- Remodelling of United Club lounges in Chicago O'Hare terminal 2, Seattle and San Diego with improved amenities, modern interiors, more power outlets and complimentary snacks and Wi-Fi.
- Opening a modern, new regional-aircraft terminal in Houston and outfitting jetbridges at the airline's regional-jet terminal facilities in Chicago.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts