RICHMOND, Va., Oct. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Media General today announced that in order to provide the company's local television station viewers with important information about Tropical Storm Karen it has asked DISH Network to restore a number of its stations to the satellite service.
"Providing our viewers with important weather and safety information during storms is an integral part of our responsibility to our local communities," said George L. Mahoney, president and chief executive of Media General. "We will continue to do everything we can to reach a fair resolution with DISH on our retransmission consent agreement that has expired and have our programming permanently restored to the DISH satellite system as soon as possible. We look forward to continuing the conversation with DISH."
The following stations will be back on DISH for the specified periods of time:
Saturday, October 5 at 6:00 AM until Monday, October 7 at 12:01 AM WJTV / Jackson, Miss.WHLT / Hattiesburg, Miss.WKRG / Mobile, Ala.WVTM / Birmingham, Ala.
As is the case with all extreme weather events, Media General stations also keep people informed on their television station websites as well.
About Media GeneralMedia General, Inc., is a leading provider of news, information and entertainment across 18 network-affiliated broadcast television stations and their associated digital media and mobile platforms. The company's stations serve consumers and advertisers in strong local markets, primarily in the Southeast. Media General's television stations include affiliations with NBC (8), CBS (8), ABC (1) and CW (1). One-third of the company's stations operate in the Top 50 markets in the United States. Media General's stations reach more than one-third of TV households in the Southeast and more than 8% of U.S. TV households. Media General entered the television business in 1955 when it launched WFLA-TV in Tampa, Florida, as an NBC affiliate.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV