INVESTOR ALERT: Louisiana Based O’Bell Law Firm, L.L.C. Is Investigating The Buyout Of Louisiana Based Edgen Group Inc. By Sumitomo Corporation
O’Bell Law Firm, L.L.C. ("O’Bell"), Metairie based class action and securities litigation law firm, announces that it is commencing an investigation into the Board of Directors of Edgen Group Inc. ("Edgen" or the "Company") (NYSE: EDG) to determine whether it has breached its fiduciary duties and other possible violations of state law in connection with the sale of Edgen to Sumitomo Corporation. On October 1, 2013, Sumitomo Corporation announced a deal to buy Baton Rouge based Edgen. Under the terms of the transaction, Edgen shareholders will receive $12.00 for each share of Edgen stock they own. The transaction is approximately valued at $520 million.
The investigation is focused on the potential unfairness of the consideration to Edgen shareholders and whether Edgen’s Board of Directors acted in the shareholders’ best interest and properly shopped the company before entering into the acquisition agreement with Sumitomo Corporation. At least one analyst set a price target for EDG stock at $15.00 per share.
If you have information relevant to this investigation that you would like to share with us in furtherance of the shareholders’ interests in this matter, then please contact Eric J. O’Bell directly without obligation or cost to you at 504-456-8677; or by email to
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV