MOORPARK, California, October 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Cimatron Limited (NASDAQ: CIMT), a leading provider of integrated CAD/CAM software solutions for the toolmaking and manufacturing industries, today announced availability of two new options for its GibbsCAM ® software specifically developed to simplify the 5-axis programming required to make turbomachinery parts. The new options have user interfaces that are optimized for fast selection of geometry and toolpath parameters to program machining of impellers, blisks (bladed disks) and blings (bladed rings). These bladed parts, which are used in compressing gas and liquids, or transporting them under pressurized flow, are common components in the aerospace, automotive and power generation industries.
Each of the two new software options targets different levels of specialization and part complexity in bladed-part manufacturing. While 5-Axis MultiBlade Level 1 is designed for parts of simpler to moderate complexity, 5-Axis MultiBlade Level 2 increases the selectable toolpath options to accommodate the most complex bladed parts, which may have multiple smaller blades (known as splitters and sub-splitters) between the main blades. The GibbsCAM 5-Axis MultiBlade options operate within the GibbsCAM 5-Axis software, accommodate both 5-axis machining centers and multi-task machines, and are available immediately.
Features of GibbsCAM 5-Axis MultiBlade Level 1When added to GibbsCAM 5-Axis, MultiBlade Level 1 simplifies programming and machining of blisks, blings and impellers having single splitters or no splitters. Toolpath strategies include 5-axis simultaneous roughing, hub finishing, and blade and splitter finishing, with automatic gouge checking on all toolpaths. The interface includes options for leading- and trailing-edge extension and control, plus intelligent controls for rotating toolpaths around the part.
- Roughing between blades with splitter support
- Blade, splitter and hub finishing
- Leading- and trailing-edge extension and control
- Tool axis tilt controls
- Toolpath axis rotations
- Automatic axis detection
- Automatic and user definable links and clearances
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV