Oct. 4, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- The Administrative Dean of
William Howard Taft University's
Boyer Graduate School of Education, Dr.
Barry P. Resnick
, announced applications for the institution's
14 th Annual Doctor of Education Scholarship Opportunity
will be accepted until
December 31 st, 2013.
- The award, valued in excess of $20,000.00, will include all tuition and related fees in the school's nationally-accredited, independent study Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) Program .
The online Doctor of Education Degree Program emphasizes course work in leadership and management in a variety of educational and public service settings. It requires no classroom or seminar attendance. The
is of particular interest to individuals with public or private school teaching experience who seek administrative positions or middle level managers who are interested in moving into higher levels of administration. Successful students will demonstrate high quality communication and writing skills, become more critical of the status quo, and be well prepared to initiate school and process improvement based on solid reasoning backed by valid research. Graduates of the Program will emerge with a recognized degree and a set of diverse and relevant skills that are applicable in the pursuit of administration, and advanced level positions in education fields.
- The Scholarship is open to all public and private school faculty and administrators with an earned Master's degree from a nationally or regionally accredited college or university and a minimum of five years of teaching or education administration experience.
- All coursework is presented in a distance education modality requiring no classroom attendance.
- Additional information on William Howard Taft University and the Scholarship Opportunity as well as application procedures can be found by reviewing the institution's website at www.taft.edu/scholarship-edd or by contacting William Howard Taft University at (877) 894-TAFT (8238).
- In addition to the full scholarship, a limited number of partial scholarships may also be awarded to other qualified individuals. Detailed information on the Ed.D. program can be found on the University's website or in the University's General Catalog and the Catalog Supplement for the Program.
- All applications and supporting materials must be received by the University on or before December, 31 st, 2013.
commented, "This is the 14
Doctor of Education Scholarship we have offered, and we are very pleased that the Taft University System continues to provide this opportunity for educators and administrators who demonstrate exemplary service and selfless giving back to their students, schools and communities. With so many qualified and deserving applicants we are honored to also provide a number of partial scholarships that represent significant tuition savings to runner-up applicants."
About William Howard Taft University
A quarter-century after its founding, Taft University (
) has evolved into one of the most respected nationally-accredited distance learning institutions in the country offering degree programs through The Boyer Graduate School of Education and The W. Edwards Deming School of Business.
With over 30 years of delivering quality, affordable and flexible distance education programs to thousands of professionals and adult learners, we understand the needs of today's mature students. Most students find the learning experience engaging, meaningful, and rigorous, while allowing them to fit their educational goals around work, family, and personal life. Taft University faculty are uniquely qualified and credentialed in the subject areas that they teach. The combination of theory and relevant real-world experience provides learning outcomes that students can begin to apply immediately to their work environments. Presently the University offers nationally accredited programs in business, education, and taxation.