Thursday's Range: $6.45-$6.81
52-Week Range: $3.19-$7.06
Thursday's Volume: 159,000
Three-Month Average Volume: 151,629
From a technical perspective, DXLG trended higher here right above its 50-day moving average of $6.32 with above-average volume. This stock has been uptrending strong for the last month and change, with shares marching higher from its low of $5.67 to its recent high of $6.95. During that uptrend, shares of DXLG have been consistently making higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. That move has now pushed shares of DXLG within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit if DXLG manages to take out some key overhead resistance levels at $6.95 to its 52-week high at $7.06 with high volume.
Traders should now look for long-biased trades in DXLG as long as it's trending above its 50-day at $6.32 or above more support at $6 and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 151,629 shares. If that breakout hits soon, then DXLG will set up to enter new 52-week-high territory above $7.06, which is bullish technical price action. Some possible upside targets off that move are $8 to $10.
To see more stocks that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under $10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr.-- Written by Roberto Pedone in Delafield, Wis.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV