8. -- Insurance-provider Tower Group (TWGP) is expected by analysts on Monday to report a third-quarter loss of $1.04 a share on revenue of $428.9 million.
9. -- Specialty-finance company J.G. Wentworth is pursuing an initial public offering, people familiar with the matter told The Wall Street Journal.The company, owned by private-equity firm JLL Partners, has tapped banks including Barclays, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank for a share sale that could come in the next few months, the people said. The offering is expected to raise about $300 million, though that could change, according to the Journal.
10. -- Warner Bros. "Gravity," starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, debuted over the weekend with North American ticket sales of $55.55 million, the biggest October opening ever.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV