5 Ways Financial Planners Beg You to Fire Them
By Sophia Bera
NEW YORK (AdviceIQ) -- If your financial planner cops a cocky attitude and parades a know-it-all ego, you should look for a new planner. Here are five planner comments you should beware of.
"I'm the expert, so just trust me." We in the financial industry suffer a lot of bad press. Financial planners already scrape the bottom in polls of professionals the public trusts. Yet many planners think that because you chose them you should blindly trust them.
They must earn your trust.
You're the only expert in your own life. If you need $50,000 cash to sleep at night, that's what you need. I might ask about it, but the last thing I want is you up at night worrying about money because of my recommendation.Gen Y Planning in Minneapolis. She works with clients throughout the U.S. She has been quoted on various websites and publications, including Forbes, Business Insider, AOL, Yahoo, Money Magazine, The Fiscal Times, Fox Business and The Huffington Post. Money Under 30 recently named her one of the "Top Financial Advisors for Millennials." AdviceIQ is a network of financial advisors that writes insightful articles for the public about investing and wealth management. All articles are edited by AdviceIQ's editor in chief, Larry Light. AdviceIQ certifies that all its advisors have no regulatory infractions. To subscribe to AdviceIQ's Rss feed for personal finance articles written by financial advisors and AdviceIQ editors, click here. Follow AdviceIQ on Twitter at @adviceiq.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV