Online Bank Customers Are Surprisingly Short-Tempered
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Bank customers feel generally positive about online banking, but a study from Maxymiser, a New York City data testing and marketing analysis firm, shows that online banking consumers also have little patience for slow or no service.
Especially vexing for online users are glacially slow downloads and lousy interaction with online customer service.
According to Maxymiser:
- 68% of online banking customers won't wait more than six seconds for a page to load.
- 42% of digital banking users will leave a website or mobile site after experiencing poor customer service.
Survey respondents may not be coming entirely clean with study researchers, at least when it comes to showing patience online."Of all of the survey questions we posed to consumers in this study, the answer that was most surprising is that 22% of consumers are willing to wait up to three seconds for pages and images to load on a bank's website or mobile site," says Jared Polidoro, vice president of U.S. client services at Maxymiser. "But what they were telling us doesn't match their actual behavior." That is, they're even more impatient: "What's been proven over and over again is that there's a two-second threshold of acceptability before consumers will get frustrated and click away from a site or page," Polidoro says. There are also a number of banking customers with surprisingly low thresholds for subpar treatment online.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV