Four Seasons Tries Life as a Food Truck
SAN DIEGO ( TheStreet) -- The setting couldn't have been more picturesque.
It was Butterfly Beach, in majestic Santa Barbara.
The menu -- a sophisticated and elegant mix of offerings befitting one of the world's most renowned purveyors of luxury. The selection included sea bass fritto roll-up, pesto grilled chicken, traditional panzerotto, house-made gnocchetti and quinoa sweet potato lettuce burger.The venue: a food truck. This isn't just any food truck. It's a food truck housing chefs from the Four Seasons, a hotel chain known around the world for Michelin-star dining. The Four Seasons is trailblazing again when it comes to a luxury hotel chain finding new and different ways to reach out and showcase all it has to offer. In mid-September the Four Seasons launched the FS Taste Food Truck as a way to take its high-end cuisine to a broader audience. The truck is on a three-state, eight-city West Coast tour that will cover 1,000 miles, ending Nov. 10. (FB) and Instagram. "It's a great way to reach out to the community and it's a way to make our food more accessible," says Alessandro Cartumini, executive chef for the Four Seasons resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara. "And it's fun for all the chefs, for everyone to show off a little bit and see what we can do in 30 square feet."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV