Trade-Ideas: Myriad Genetics (MYGN) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Myriad Genetics (MYGN) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Myriad Genetics as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MYGN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $73.4 million.
- MYGN is up 2.5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MYGN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MYGN NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on MYGN: Myriad Genetics, Inc., a molecular diagnostic company, focuses on the development and marketing of predictive medicine, personalized medicine, and prognostic medicine tests primarily in the United States. MYGN has a PE ratio of 14.2. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Myriad Genetics a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold.The average volume for Myriad Genetics has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Myriad has a market cap of $2.0 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. Shares are down 8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Myriad Genetics as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 30.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- MYGN has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 7.29, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- MYRIAD GENETICS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MYRIAD GENETICS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.77 versus $1.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.91 versus $1.77).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income increased by 51.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $29.14 million to $44.07 million.
- You can view the full Myriad Genetics Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV