NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Twitter co-founder Evan Williams is tops among the company's shareholders as the mico-blogging site seeks to sell $1 billion in stock through an initial public offering.
Twitter said in an IPO filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission released on Thursday that Williams will own 12.1% of the company's stock. David Rosenblatt will own 6.7% of the firm's shares, while co-founder and current Square head Jack Dorsey will own 4.9%. Twitter CEO Dick Costolo owns 1.6% of the company's shares, according to the filing.
The San Francisco-based company also listed venture capital firms Spark Capital, Benchmark Capital Partners, Union Square Ventures, Rizvi Traverse and DST Global as other shareholders with a stake of 5% or more in the company.
Twitter's calculation's are based the company's 473,839,475 shares of common stock outstanding as of August 31, 2013.According to the filing, Twitter's revenue in 2012 totaled $316.9 million. The company's revenue for the first six months of 2013 totaled $253.6 million, the filing said. Twitter noted that revenue grew by 198% from 2011 to 2012, while net loss decreased by 38% to $79.4 million. During that same timeframe, Adjusted EBITDA increased by 149% to $21.2 million. The company now has over 200 million monthly active users
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV