NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Twitter co-founder Evan Williams is tops among the company's shareholders as the mico-blogging site seeks to sell $1 billion in stock through an initial public offering.
Twitter said in an IPO filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission released on Thursday that Williams will own 12.1% of the company's stock. David Rosenblatt will own 6.7% of the firm's shares, while co-founder and current Square head Jack Dorsey will own 4.9%. Twitter CEO Dick Costolo owns 1.6% of the company's shares, according to the filing.
The San Francisco-based company also listed venture capital firms Spark Capital, Benchmark Capital Partners, Union Square Ventures, Rizvi Traverse and DST Global as other shareholders with a stake of 5% or more in the company.
Twitter's calculation's are based the company's 473,839,475 shares of common stock outstanding as of August 31, 2013.According to the filing, Twitter's revenue in 2012 totaled $316.9 million. The company's revenue for the first six months of 2013 totaled $253.6 million, the filing said. Twitter noted that revenue grew by 198% from 2011 to 2012, while net loss decreased by 38% to $79.4 million. During that same timeframe, Adjusted EBITDA increased by 149% to $21.2 million. The company now has over 200 million monthly active users [MAUs]and over 500 million tweets are sent on its network each day. "We have more than 215 million MAUs from around the world. People come to Twitter for many reasons, and we believe that two of the most significant are the breadth of Twitter content and our broad reach," the company said in its filing. -- Written by Antoine Gara in New York. Follow @antoinegara
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV