TAMPA, Fla., Oct. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Walter Investment Management Corp. (NYSE: WAC) ("Walter Investment" or the "Company") today announced its Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Charles Cauthen has announced his intention to leave the Company in early 2014. This departure is anticipated to take place in conjunction with the filing in March of 2014 of the Company's Form 10-K for 2013 with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Mr. Cauthen joined the Company's former parent, Walter Energy, in November 2000 and has been a key member of Walter Investment's leadership team, playing an instrumental role in the development and execution of the Company's strategic initiatives since its spin-off in April 2009.
"Charles has been a significant part of Walter Investment's transformation starting with his time with Walter Energy," said Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Mark O'Brien. "Having been with Walter Investment from the beginning, Charles' broad range of operational, financial and industry experience has been instrumental in the growth and development of our company. We are grateful for his dedication and his contributions to the Company's success."
Mr. Cauthen added, "It has been a privilege to work with Mark, the rest of the management team and our Board of Directors over the last four years as we have transitioned a small, underappreciated business into an enormously successful and valuable business enterprise. I am confident that Walter Investment will continue its record of success under Mark's leadership."The Company also announced that it will immediately begin a search for a successor to Mr. Cauthen. Mr. O'Brien added, "We are pleased to have Charles remain with us and to assist with the transition to a new CFO."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV