PLYMOUTH, Minn., Oct. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Mosaic Company (NYSE: MOS) today announced that Tim Gitzel, the Chief Executive Officer of Cameco, has been elected to the company's Board of Directors. Mr. Gitzel is filling a vacancy resulting from the retirement of Harold H. MacKay.
"Tim has built an impressive career in the mining industry, and the Board of Directors looks forward to benefitting from his experience and leadership," said Robert Lumpkins, Chairman of the Board of The Mosaic Company. "We are particularly pleased to welcome a new director with such deep ties to Saskatchewan, where Mosaic's primary potash operations reside.
"On behalf of Mosaic's directors, I would like to thank Harold MacKay for his many years of service. Harold made important contributions to Mosaic's tremendous progress."
Mr. Gitzel has served as Cameco's president and CEO since 2011. He joined Cameco, one of the world's largest uranium producers, in 2007 as senior vice president and chief operating officer. Prior to joining Cameco, Mr. Gitzel was executive vice president for the mining business unit of AREVA SA, in Paris, France.Mr. Gitzel serves as chair of the World Nuclear Association, the co-chair of the 2013 Mastercard Memorial Cup and a governor with Junior Achievement of Saskatchewan. He is a past president of the Saskatchewan Mining Association and a former director of the Mining Association of Canada and has served on numerous boards. A native of Saskatchewan, Mr. Gitzel lives with his family in Saskatoon. About The Mosaic CompanyThe Mosaic Company is one of the world's leading producers and marketers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Mosaic is a single-source provider of phosphate and potash fertilizers and feed ingredients for the global agriculture industry. More information on the company is available at www.mosaicco.com. SOURCE The Mosaic Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV