JOHANNESBURG, Oct. 3, 2013 /CNW/ - Gold Fields Limited (Gold Fields) (JSE, NYSE, NASDAQ Dubai: GFI) today announced that attributable Group production for the September 2013 quarter (Q3 2013) is expected to be 496,000 gold-equivalent ounces, which is 10% higher than the 451,000 achieved in the June 2013 quarter (Q2 2013).
Cash costs are expected to be approximately US$780/oz, which is 9% lower than the US$857/oz achieved in Q2, and notional cash expenditure (NCE) is expected to be approximately US$1,080/oz, 13% lower than the US$1,239/oz achieved in Q2.
Gold Fields is on track to achieve its full-year production guidance for 2013 of between 1,825,000 and 1,900,000 ounces, as well as its guidance for cash cost and NCE of US$830/oz and US$1,240/oz respectively, as revised on 22 August, 2013. The original cash cost and NCE guidance for 2013 was US$860/oz and US$1,360/oz respectively.
Gold Fields will release its full results for Q3 2013 on Wednesday, 20 November 2013.Notes to editors About Gold Fields Gold Fields Limited is an unhedged, globally diversified producer of gold with nine operating mines in Australia, Ghana, Peru and South Africa. In February 2013 Gold Fields unbundled its KDC and Beatrix mines in South Africa into an independent and separately listed company, Sibanye Gold. In October 2013 Gold Fields acquired Barrick's Granny Smith, Lawlers and Darlot Gold Mines in Western Australia. Gold Fields subsequently has attributable gold-equivalent annual production of approximately 2.2 million ounces, Mineral Reserves of approximately 60 million ounces and Mineral Resources of approximately 161 million ounces. Gold Fields has a primary listing on the JSE Limited, with secondary listings on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), NASDAQ Dubai Limited, Euronext in Brussels (NYX) and the Swiss Exchange (SWX). Sponsor: J.P. Morgan Equities South Africa (Pty) Ltd SOURCE Gold Fields Limited
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV