Whether you’re taking in a show at the Continental Club, enjoying brunch at South Congress Cafe or doing your weekly shopping at Central Market on North Lamar, if you’re in and around Austin you now can enjoy a growing number of TWC WiFi™ Hotspots.
Announced in April, Time Warner Cable has been steadily building its WiFi network in the Austin area and now offers 900 hotspots at no cost to Time Warner Cable customers with Standard Internet or above, and on a pay-as-you-go-basis to non-subscribers. By the end of the year, there will be 1,350 WiFi hotspots in Austin with continued growth in 2014.
“Attending live music events, experiencing the newest culinary sensations and even shopping for unique items on South Congress are just some of the things that make Austin great, and we want to connect Austinites to the Internet wherever they go around town,” said Kathy Brabson, area vice president of operations for Time Warner Cable. “We’re going to continue to invest to bring WiFi to areas in Austin where the community can take advantage of being connected to the Time Warner Cable network.”
The company is focusing on deploying hotspots in popular, high traffic areas where its customers live, play, eat and work. Among the recent areas where TWC WiFi has been deployed in Austin are:
- Barton Springs road (Zilker Park to S. Congress)
- South Lamar (Riverside to Ben White Boulevard/Highway 71)
- The South Congress area (Riverside to Ben White Boulevard/Highway 71)
- 38th Street @ North Lamar corridor
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts