BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- The government shut down happened. Yesterday's jobs numbers from ADP were garbage. And if members of Congress can't figure out a way to deal with their "frenemies" across the aisle, we'll be staring down the possibility of a historic default on the national debt.
Yeah, it's a scary time to be a stock investor right now. But then again, when isn't it?
Ignore all of those headlines for a minute, and "now" isn't quite so different from "then." The fact remains that there are still some big tailwinds pushing this market along. And there are some tradable setups popping up in some of the biggest names on Wall Street right now.We're taking a closer technical look at five of them today. If you're new to technical analysis, here's the executive summary. >>5 Trades to Take for October Gains Technicals are a study of the market itself. Since the market is ultimately the only mechanism that determines a stock's price, technical analysis is a valuable tool even in the roughest of trading conditions. Technical charts are used every day by proprietary trading floors, Wall Street's biggest financial firms, and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And research shows that skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time. Every week, I take an in-depth look at big names that are telling important technical stories. Here's this week's look at five high-volume stocks to trade this week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV