YOKOHAMA, Japan, Oct. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., today announced it has signed a multi-year agreement with Omnicom Group (NYSE: OMC) for communications, advertising, marketing, media, promotions and digital services. The global relationship will be managed by Nissan United, a newly-formed multi-disciplinary team of agency leaders based in New York that will build brand value for Nissan.
"Brand power is a core pillar of our Nissan Power 88 strategic plan and is essential for our growth," said Roel de-Vries, Nissan Corporate Vice President and global head of marketing, brand and communications. "In Omnicom, we have a strong partner and the new, industry-changing Nissan United structure is a perfect setup to deliver on our promise of innovation and excitement for everyone," de-Vries continued.
Omnicom Group has named Jon Castle as president of Nissan United, which will include leaders from various expert agencies in the group. "We are thrilled to extend our partnership with Nissan and remain dedicated to bringing together the best Omnicom resources around the world to continue to strengthen the Nissan brand," said Castle.The integrated Nissan United team will serve as a global leadership group to lead, direct and align a network of various Omnicom and non-Omnicom agencies around the world, including TBWA, OMD, Interbrand, Emanate and Hakuhodo. Nissan continues to build on its brand heritage of innovation. The company recently announced breakthroughs in vehicle technology and sustainability, including:
- Multiple, commercially-viable Autonomous Drive vehicles ready by 2020.
- New enhancements to the industry leading and 100-percent electric Nissan LEAF, including an onboard charger to reduce charging time and the CARWINGS telematics system with remote charge, climate control management and the ability to view charging station availability. The Nissan LEAF is world's best-selling EV and there are more than 78,000 LEAFs on the road today.
- Nissan's first-ever global brand campaign built around the theme that "At Nissan, We Turn What If into What Is."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts