So, it happens much more slowly than it should and we help prop up these regimes, all because we would rather take oil from overseas than risk another oil spill.
This is the kind of logic that prevails right now, a non-debatable issue because any politician who makes the case for jobs and energy security seems to be a target of campaigns by environmentalists.
All I ask is why isn't it weighed? Why don't we at least have the discussion?
Again, either way, Enbridge remains a terrific, consistent growth vehicle.I just think it's too bad that no one has the guts to talk about jobs created and energy self-sufficiency vs. helping Venezuela and Russia and reliance on the dangerous Middle East. Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, has no positions in the stocks mentioned. Editor's Note: This article was originally published at 7:40 a.m. EDT on Real Money on Oct. 3.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV