October 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
National contest recognizes outs
tanding nursing professionals in five categories
Elsevier, a world-leading publisher of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, today announced the winners of the second annual
Mosby's Suite "Superheroes of Nursing" contest. The contest was designed to identify the real-life superheroes of the nursing profession. The winners will be publicly recognized at the ANCC National Magnet Conference in
The winners include:
- The Connector Award: Ofelia Layugan of Citrus Valley Health Partners, Eastvale, Calif.
- The Protector Award: Melody Butler of Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center, Lindenhurst, NY.
- The Validator Award: Sheelu Joseph of Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital, Houston, TX.
- The Educator Award: Christine Thornam of Exempla Good Samaritan Medical Center, Brighton, Colo.
- The Achiever Award: Samantha Donlin of University of Florida and Shands Children's Hospital, Gainesville, Fla.
The contest, which began during Nurses Week in May, is part of a nationwide campaign to recognize nurses and identify how they address the issues their institutions face daily. Winners received a full-paid trip to the ANCC National Magnet Conference including hotel, airfare and conference registration.
"It's an honor to play a part in the acknowledgment of these professionals who work hard daily to help others," said
, MSN, RN, DPNAP, FAAN, Chief Professional Practice Officer, Elsevier. "These five nurses are on the front lines of making a difference in their profession and deserve recognition and thanks for their accomplishments. Congratulations to them all."
Entrants to the "Superheroes of Nursing" Contest were invited to submit nominations on
Mosby's Suite's Facebook
page. This year more than 1,700 votes were cast through the contest's Facebook page.
For more information about the contest, visit
. Additional information can be found by "liking" the Mosby Nursing Suite Facebook page offering current news and announcements.