Board Votes To Keep Nevada Jobless Tax The Same
The state projects jobless benefits will cost $427 million in 2014.
The bond idea was passed by the 2013 Nevada Legislature as a way to wipe out the debt to the federal government that began accruing in 2009 when the state's unemployment trust fund, once considered healthy with $800 million, ran dry, victimized by record joblessness and an economy that imploded.
The state Board of Finance and Legislative Commission each are scheduled to consider the bond proposal Thursday. If authorized, Olson said she would consider the status and direction of the bond market before proceeding with a sale.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV