MILWAUKEE, Oct. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Con-way Freight, a less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier and subsidiary of Con-way Inc. (NYSE: CNW), today announced that professional driver sales representative, Brian Busch, one of Con-way's first employees when the company was founded in 1983, has surpassed 30 years of driving without an accident or injury — the first in company history to achieve this milestone.
"This year, Con-way Freight celebrated its 30 th anniversary. With us from day one, Brian has demonstrated a professional commitment to safety that has been unwavering in perseverance and remarkable in consistency," said Greg Lehmkuhl, president of Con-way Freight. "There are few in any industry that can look back on an entire career at this level of superior performance. To work a dock and drive a commercial freight truck, in all kinds of conditions over three decades without an accident or injury, is nothing short of amazing. He's a true professional. We are privileged to have Brian on our team and proud to honor him today."
"I never set out to win an award or break any records. Each day I just focused on being safe for myself, our customers and everyone else on the road," said Busch. "Con-way Freight has been my home for my entire career and in the past 30 years, the attention to safety and the support we receive as drivers is the best in the industry. I couldn't imagine driving for anyone else."In addition to his perfect three-decade safety record, Busch has also driven more than 2 million consecutive miles without an accident — a feat equivalent to driving the circumference of the Earth 83 times. His performance has earned him honors as a Con-way Freight "Distinguished Driver," a special designation conferred upon employees who have driven 1, 2 or 3 million consecutive miles without an accident.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV