Peacebuilding Solutions Debuts Social Media Campaign To Raise Funds For Sustainable Programs In Haiti
"What If" Campaign Asks Populations of Major U.S. Cities to See the Scope of Haiti Earthquake Devastation in New Context
ATLANTA, Oct. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Peacebuilding Solutions, which creates innovative, holistic and sustainable approaches to humanitarian aid, today debuted a new social media campaign to raise funds to support lasting relief for the people of Haiti, who are still struggling to recover from a devastating 7.0 magnitude earthquake in 2010.
The "What If" campaign aims to establish relevance of the ongoing need in Haiti with people in eight U.S. cities that have populations of roughly 300,000 – the same number of Haitians still struggling to recover from the earthquake's destruction.
The eight cities targeted by the campaign are: Anaheim, CA; Cincinnati, OH; Honolulu, HI; Lexington, KY; Orlando, FL; Pittsburgh, PA; St. Louis, MO; and Tampa, FL. Social media networks reaching the citizens and leaders of these cities will deliver the campaign, asking local residents to be "peacebuilding heroes" by donating at www.solvepeace.org."What if Disney World and all of Orlando were destroyed? What if the Arch in St. Louis tumbled to the ground? People would then care about what devastation to a population of 300,000 looks like," said Dylan West, director of communications for Peacebuilding Solutions. "Policies change and actions advance when awareness becomes real for people," he said. Peacebuilding Solutions, a registered 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization with UN Consultative Status under ECOSOC, is in the midst of a long-term fundraising plan to support its sustainable approaches to humanitarian aid. The group is twice as effective as other organizations, using 50 percent fewer dollars to create sustainable solutions that help people care for themselves for the long term.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV