- Medical Screening – All rapid detox patients should undergo a detailed evaluation, including analysis of medical history and a physical examination, laboratory testing, EKG, chest x-ray, and urine toxicology screening. Additional cardiac testing may be required. Admission to the hospital at least one day before a rapid detox procedure affords necessary time to conduct proper medical screening, hydration and pre-medication.
- ICU Setting – Rapid opiate detoxification under sedation can significantly affect the heart, lungs, nervous system, and fluid balance in the body. For these reasons, treatment must take place in an intensive care unit, and patients should be monitored in a hospital or inpatient setting for approximately a day following the procedure so they can be appropriately treated for changes that may arise as a result of the procedure.
- Anesthesia –General anesthesia is unnecessary for rapid detox, and procedures that place people under for four to eight hours or more can pose great risks to patients. Waismann Method® achieves rapid detoxification using moderate sedation, avoiding general anesthesia and its associated risks.
- Dosage – The procedures under scrutiny in New York used very large doses of Naloxone and Naltrexone to reverse opiate dependence. Waismann Method® utilizes significantly lower doses to safely and effectively rid the body of opiates.
- Post-Procedure Care – Patients who are sent home or to hotel rooms to recover are at much higher risk for serious injury, dehydration, pulmonary/cardiac events and even death, because they don't have qualified medical professionals to evaluate and treat potential medical emergencies.
Waismann Method® Medical Director Calls For Universal Standard Of Care For Rapid Detox Safety
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.