"Research shows that consumers are trying to incorporate more global flavors into their favorite home cooked meals," Atkins said. "This year, contest finalists used Sriracha to give their original recipes a punch of flavor and, in some cases, put an Asian twist on classic comfort food."
Experiment with Sriracha by trying the following Bake-Off® Finalist recipes:
- Cashew Chicken Twists with Spicy Orange Sauce
- Ham and Creamy Sriracha Pizza
- Sweet Chili Chicken Sliders
2. Food mashups strive to prove two is better than one
From chicken and waffles to the cronut craze of 2013, people have long loved to combine two tasty favorites to create a new, single dish. This year, finalists used food mashups to bring new life to classic recipes by incorporating surprising ingredients and flavor combinations."Playful food interpretations were on the minds of many contest finalists this year," said Atkins. "With mashups, there's no need to choose—you can indulge in multiple flavors like sweet and salty, in one bite." Discover fun flavor combinations with the following Bake-Off® Finalist recipes:
- Easy Caprese Pizza Bake
- Loaded Potato Pinwheels
- PB&J Mini Walnut Muffins
- Boston Cream French Toast
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV