MINNEAPOLIS, Oct. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- One hundred top home cooks are proving that taste and creativity do not have to be sacrificed when it comes to quick and easy recipes in this year's Pillsbury Bake-Off® Contest. Finalists packed big flavors and ideas, like Sriracha sauce and food mashups, into simple, family-friendly recipes made with seven ingredients or less and no more than 30 minutes of active prep time. The original recipes competing for the $1 million grand prize in the 46 th Pillsbury Bake-Off® Contest reflect current tastes and trends and are ready for trying at www.BakeOff.com.
"The 100 finalist recipes show the creativity and care today's best amateur chefs are putting into their cooking and baking," said Jann Atkins, Pillsbury Bake-Off® Kitchens Manager. "The recipes have depth and flavor while providing quick meal and snack time solutions that will appeal to family and friends."
Throughout the year, home cooks were invited to submit original recipes that included at least two eligible ingredients and fit into one of the three contest categories: Amazing Doable Dinners, Simple Sweets and Starters and Quick Rise and Shine Breakfasts. The Bake-Off® Kitchens selected the 60 best recipes in each category to be placed online for public voting. America's votes selected the final 100 recipes which will compete November 10-11, 2013 in Las Vegas at the contest finals.Of the 100 final recipes, which are available online at BakeOff.com, four major themes emerged: 1. Sriracha is becoming as mainstream as ketchup or salsa Demographic shifts and an increased popularity in spicier foods have turned Sriracha, an Asian-inspired hot sauce made from sun-ripened chiles, into a kitchen staple for many. Several Bake-Off® Finalists used Sriracha, along with other heat inducing ingredients like chili oil, chili paste and chipotle, this year to spice up their breakfast and dinner entries.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV