ATLANTA, Oct. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The next luncheon meeting of the Georgia Chapter-Public Relations Society of America ( www.prsageorgia.org) will be Thursday, October 10, at Maggiano's- Buckhead in Atlanta.
Content is king in this digital information age. But content publishing increasingly presents challenges and opportunities for organizations of all sizes. Imagine managing content for the world's most-recognized brand, The Coca-Cola Company.In 2012, the company launched Coca-Cola Journey, its re-imagined corporate website turned digital publication. An innovative approach, Journey is a consumer-facing, responsive, digital magazine that serves as the hub for content about important topics, social causes and company news. Ashley Callahan, Journey's managing editor and manager, Digital Communications & Social Media, The Coca-Cola Company, will share the thinking behind the site, and discuss how the award-winning platform creatively integrates owned, user-generated, re-published and social media content to tell – and encourage others to contribute to – the company's story. While Journey is a case of content publishing on a global scale, there are takeaways for brands of all sizes. You'll hear about:
- Leveraging content to foster engagement and reinforce the brand promise
- Planning with internal stakeholders
- Measuring the success of content publishing
- Scott Higley, vice president, Marketing & Communications, Georgia Aquarium
- Patty Gregory, manager, Public Relations, Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- Allison Young, social media/website manager, Atlanta Community Food Bank