MINNEAPOLIS, Oct. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Honoring its longstanding tradition of quality, Progresso ® expands its soup offerings with the introduction of Artisan Soups. The line, featuring a new repertoire of ingredients, comes in five flavorful varieties and demonstrates the Progresso brand's commitment to celebrating authentic taste and exploring new flavors. It is also the first ready-to-serve soup line from Progresso available in a Tetra Pak carton. This packaging allows the soup to cook in a whole new way -- one that lets the freshness and flavor of ingredients shine.
With development led by Progresso culinary expert Heidi Teoh, the new Artisan Soup line offers a twist on classic soup varieties. The soups feature unique spice blends like Masala curry and coconut milk, and incorporate simple, high quality ingredients like kale, that are new to the Progresso ingredient repertoire. The soups have been crafted with care to deliver innovative flavor combinations and taste discoveries.
"Creating remarkable flavor has always been a passion of mine, as is the quality of every ingredient I use when I cook," said Progresso culinary expert Teoh. "I'm so excited we're featuring vegetables like fire roasted red peppers, butternut squash and wonderful root vegetables like turnips and parsnips in this new line of soups."The Artisan line includes vegetable bisque and hearty soup varieties. Vegetable Bisques
- Creamy Tomato with Roasted Red Peppers
- Vine ripe tomatoes meld with fire roasted red peppers to create a rich and creamy tomato soup with hints of roasted garlic, olive oil and flavorful spices
- Masala Curry Butternut Squash
- The sweet, nutty flavor of roasted butternut squash is enhanced by the addition of warm curry spices, coconut milk and a small kick of cayenne
- Rustic Tomato with Chicken and Dumplings
- A boldly flavored and chunky tomato sauce is the base of this flavorful soup with hearty chicken and dumplings -- a satisfying meal
- Creamy Potato with Sausage and Kale
- Skin-on russet potatoes add a hearty texture to flavorful roasted Italian sausage and leafy kale in creamy broth
- Smoky White Bean and Winter Vegetables
- White navy beans and black-eyed peas stewed in rich chicken stock with an assortment of hearty winter vegetables creates a satisfying taste experience with a hint of smoked paprika
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts