- Though in-house IT infrastructure models lead in popularity today, by percentage of infrastructure, the near future brings a hybrid shift, as colocation becomes the environment of choice in two years, managed services take the lead in five years and cloud eclipses all forms shortly thereafter.
- This hybrid shift correlates with IT leader expectations for outsourcing partners: Nearly 70 percent of respondents agree their IT service provider needs to have a range of offerings to meet requirements at all stages of the buying and application lifecycle, and more than 65 percent agree an optimal cloud provider should own the underlying network.
- Responses from IT leaders indicate their organizations will see revenues climb an average of 8.5 percent this year and an average of 11.5 percent next year. Companies predicting higher growth rates tend to have a majority of their IT in in-house private cloud, colocation or managed hosting environments, the study found.
- While the top benefit of IT outsourcing remains "cost reduction or containment," cited by 42 percent of IT leaders, "improved quality of service" and "infrastructure scalability and flexibility" also rank high on the list of advantages, with each indicated "important" by more than 35 percent of survey responders.
- Nearly 90 percent of respondents say they use some type of cloud service today, with more than half turning to cloud for storage and email applications. Slightly less than half of IT leaders employ cloud for intranet, website and microsite applications.
- After nonmission-critical applications, the next-most popular elements of infrastructure that IT leaders plan to outsource include data-center facilities, storage and content-management applications.
Global Savvis Study Finds Business Growth Driving Enterprises To Hybrid IT Outsourcing Models
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts