AURORA, Colo., Oct. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) successfully completed software Iteration 1.5 Critical Design Review (iCDR) for the Global Positioning System (GPS) Next Generation Operational Control System (OCX).
The Iteration 1.5 software development provides the mission-critical Launch and Checkout System (LCS) software to support the first GPS III satellite launch and serves as the cyber-hardened baseline to which additional capabilities will be added to complete OCX Blocks 1 and 2.
"This successful CDR for GPS OCX's Iteration 1.5 software is a major milestone and demonstrates that OCX is on track to support the first GPS III satellite launch and to deliver critical Block 1 and 2 capabilities," said Matthew Gilligan, Raytheon's GPS OCX program manager and a vice president with Raytheon's Intelligence, Information and Services business. "Iteration 1.5 also provides the initial OCX baseline for key deployments and early site integration scheduled for early 2014 at Schriever and Vandenberg Air Force Bases."
The Raytheon-built GPS OCX has recently achieved several key milestones, setting the stage for GPS III launch support:
- LCS, which is a subset of Iteration 1.5, recently completed the third of five GPS III launch readiness exercises in cooperation with the U.S. Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center and Lockheed Martin.
- LCS recently received Interim Authority To Test certification for one year with no liens, demonstrating that Raytheon meets the Air Force's high standards for Information Assurance as this critical national system is developed.
- The Iteration 1.5 development software will enter system test and evaluation in late 2013 in preparation for LCS system acceptance testing in 2014.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts