SANTA CLARA, Calif., Oct. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Aviat Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVNW), the leading expert in microwave networking solutions, today updated the Company's guidance for the first quarter of fiscal 2014 for preliminary revenue results.
Aviat Networks currently expects first quarter of fiscal 2014 revenue to be in the range of $95 million to $100 million. Factors contributing to the updated guidance include the rebidding of a contract that was anticipated to be revenue in the quarter and timing of certain orders impacting the Company's ability to ship and bill in the quarter. Although the change in revenue is expected to impact earnings per share, the Company is unable to quantify the impact at this time.
Today's announcement is based on management's preliminary analysis of operations for the quarter ended September 27, 2013. Aviat Networks will report complete first quarter of fiscal 2014 financial results after the market closes on October 30, 2013. No further financial information for the first quarter of fiscal 2014 will be provided prior to that date.
Aviat Networks will host a conference call at 4:30 p.m. ET on October 30, 2013 to discuss its financial results for the first quarter of fiscal 2014. To listen to the live conference call, please dial 480-629-9760 or toll free at 877-941-4774, access code 4644146, by 4:20 p.m. ET. A replay also will be available starting approximately one hour after the completion of the call until November 6, 2013. To access the replay, dial 303-590-3030 or toll free at 800-406-7325, access code 4644146.Investors are invited to listen via webcast, which will be broadcast live and via replay at http://investors.aviatnetworks.com/events.cfm. About Aviat Networks Aviat Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVNW) is a leading global provider of microwave networking solutions transforming communications networks to handle the exploding growth of IP-centric, multi-Gigabit data services. With more than 750,000 systems installed around the world, Aviat Networks provides LTE-proven microwave networking solutions to mobile operators, including some of the largest and most advanced 4G/LTE networks in the world. Public safety, utility, government and defense organizations also trust Aviat Networks' solutions for their mission-critical applications where reliability is paramount. In conjunction with its networking solutions, Aviat Networks provides a comprehensive suite of localized professional and support services enabling customers to effectively and seamlessly migrate to next generation Carrier Ethernet/IP networks. For more than 50 years, customers have relied on Aviat Networks' high performance and scalable solutions to help them maximize their investments and solve their most challenging network problems. Headquartered in Santa Clara, California, Aviat Networks operates in more than 100 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.aviatnetworks.com or connect with Aviat Networks on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. Forward-Looking Statements The information contained in this document includes forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act and Section 27A of the Securities Act. All statements, trend analyses and other information contained herein about the markets for the services and products of Aviat Networks, including all statements about Aviat Networks' expectations regarding revenue in the first quarter of fiscal year 2014 and the reasons therefor, as well as other statements identified by the use of forward-looking terminology, including "anticipates," "believe," "plan," "estimate," "expect," "goal," "will," "see," "continues," "delivering," "view," and "intend," or the negative of these terms or other similar expressions, constitute forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on estimates reflecting the current beliefs of the senior management of Aviat Networks. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those suggested by the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements should therefore be considered in light of various important factors, including those set forth in this document. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from estimates or projections contained in the forward-looking statements include the following:
- the impact of the volume, timing and customer, product and geographic mix of our product orders;
- our ability to meet projected new product development dates or anticipated cost reductions of new products;
- continued price erosion as a result of increased competition in the microwave transmission industry
- our suppliers' inability to perform and deliver on time as a result of their financial condition, component shortages or other supply chain constraints;
- customer acceptance of new products;
- the ability of our subcontractors to timely perform;
- continued weakness in the global economy affecting customer spending;
- retention of our key personnel;
- our ability to manage and maintain key customer relationships;
- uncertain economic conditions in the telecommunications sector combined with operator and supplier consolidation;
- the timing of our receipt of payment for products or services from our customers;
- our failure to protect our intellectual property rights or defend against intellectual property infringement claims by others and
- the impact of political turmoil in countries where we have significant business.