DEERFIELD, Ill., Oct. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In preparation for flu season, actress Amanda Peet, ambassador of the UN Foundation's Shot@Life program, received her annual flu shot at Walgreens, http://news.walgreens.com, (NYSE: WAG) (Nasdaq: WAG) flagship store in New York City to support its "Get a Shot, Give a Shot" campaign – with the goal of providing up to 3 million life-saving vaccines to children in developing countries.
B-roll, photos of the event and program information is available here: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/62923-walgreens-flu-season2013/
As a mother, actress and ambassador to the UN Foundation's Shot@Life program, Amanda spoke about the importance of providing life-saving vaccinations to children in need across the globe. According to Shot@Life and the UN Foundation:
- One-in-five children worldwide lack access to lifesaving immunizations;
- A child dies of a vaccine-preventable disease every 20 seconds;
- The number of children dying every year from preventable diseases in developing countries is nearly equal to half the children entering kindergarten in the U.S.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts