In partnership with the San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission, KB Home recently helped create a unique “model home” in Northridge, one that will serve to help fund the construction of a 90-bed “Home Again” family homeless shelter in the community.
KB Home was honored to be a part of a new project with the San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission to help homeless families in Southern California. (Photo: Business Wire)
The San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission, which currently maintains a 30-bed emergency shelter in North Hollywood, is in the process of building this new facility, which will include private family sleeping quarters, a commercial kitchen, common dining room and living spaces, meeting rooms, a computer education center, playground and garden, as well as administrative offices for services offered throughout the Valley.
The national homebuilder often receives requests for assistance from a variety of non-profit groups, but this specific request resonated with them. Mission officials had wanted to refurbish a small building adjacent to the new ‘Home Again’ facility and asked KB Home for some assistance with an ambitious new project. The response was overwhelming. KB Home took the Mission’s initial request for paint, simple furniture, desks and wall hooks – symbolic of a safe place for children to hang their backpacks – for one bedroom and is providing those and much, much more. Now that this 4-bedroom model home is complete, it will serve as a showcase where potential donors, funders, stakeholders and others can see the Mission’s vision for its new facility as well as the impact it can have in the community.
“We didn’t even have a car to sleep in – we had run out of choices,” said a father of two currently staying at the North Hollywood Mission Shelter, “If it weren’t for the Mission, my family would have been on the streets. They’ve given us a roof over our heads and hope.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV