CHERRY HILL, N.J., Oct. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank ®, is launching TD Cares which includes a Payment Assistance Program to support federally employed TD Bank customers who have been furloughed and will not receive their regular pay as a result of the government shutdown. The program will run from Oct. 10, 2013 through the earlier of Nov. 2, 2013 or the end of the government shutdown. Program elements include:
- Access to funds with your checking account at no cost – Customers who have had a TD account that has been open for at least 60 days and is in good standing can present their government ID or furlough letter at any TD Bank Store in order to be eligible to access up to $1,000 of funds that are not currently available in their account with no fees or costs.
- Late fee refunds on TD Bank Visa credit cards – Federal employees who receive late charges on a TD Bank Visa credit card and are impacted by the government shutdown can call 888-561-8861 to have late fees refunded. Some restrictions apply.
- Mortgage assistance – Federal employees impacted by the shutdown who are struggling to make a mortgage payment to TD Bank as a result of financial hardship caused by the government shutdown should call 800-742-2651 to discuss opportunities for short term relief.
"Uncertainty surrounding the government shutdown has our customers concerned and TD is here to help," said Nandita Bakhshi, Executive Vice President, Head of Retail Distribution and Products, TD Bank. "By launching TD Cares, our hope is that we can make it easier for our customers to cover their bills and make ends meet if they're not receiving their pay."
Customers with questions can call TD's 24/7 live phone support at 1-888-751-9000 to learn more about the TD Cares Payment Assistance Program.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV